Monday, October 10, 2005

playlist

In my iTunes I have a playlist where I throw songs I like that I've culled from compilation CDs. Right now there are 156 songs in the playlist.

Now & then I sort out a shorter, CD-length playlist. I'm listening to the one I created earlier today. I like it. It starts with Bob Marley, wends its way through Green Dayish pop punk and ambient-dance instrumentals, ending up in a curious Eurodisco song that samples some sort of BBC news report, the newscaster voice almost lost in a Tubular Bells-like chiming.

If you're curious:

Simmer Down .... Bob Marley & The Wailers
Bert's Apple Crumble .... The Quik
The Bug .... Soul Coughing
The Iroc-Z Song .... The High Speed Scene
Wired For Sound .... Spare Snare
Correct me if I'm wrong .... Safety In Numbers
Glance Inside .... Loose Change
Warm, Strong Numb (Sofa Surfers Remix) .... Mankind Liberation Front
The Train .... Paula B.N. Maya
Three Murders .... Dead Man
Promised Land .... Underworld
Cartridgemusic .... Tomandandy
lullaby from Brazil .... Andrea Merkel
Wild Orchid Main Title .... Paradise
Radar Contact .... Tim Reynolds
Supernova Heights .... Cydonia
Under The Water .... Jewel
Everything Counts .... Meat Beat Manifesto
Voices (Saeed & Palash Mix) .... Bedrock
Electrify Themselves .... Demonic Forces

No comments: