Thursday, October 13, 2005

comments on "House Overlook", version 1

The lines that begin "---" are supposed to be indented continuations of the lines immediately preceding them. But I couldn't figure out the html for inserting indents. I went to one webpage that claimed to be offering hints on how to make indents with html and it says, "The indents of this paragraph are ..." but if any were they weren't on my browser. Whatever.

On subsequent versions I have little doubt I'm going to rein those lines in some.

The poem is from 1995. It's a late House poem. I wrote a series of House poems, houses as malleable metaphors. "House Overlook" reads like a draft, doesn't it? I like the voice.

Update: I've edited out the "---" because Kent found me these instructions on how to insert a space.

No comments: