Saturday, January 01, 2005

what I'm reading

These are the books that I'm actively working my way through:

Boy-Wives and Female Husbands: Studies in African Homosexualities edited by Stephen O. Murray and Will Roscoe

King Solomon's Mines H. Rider Haggard

The Whole Shebang: A State-of-the-Universe(s) Report Timothy Ferris

New Blood edited by Neil Astley (an anthology of poetry)

Poems for the Millennium: the University of California Book of Modern & Postmodern Poetry vol. 1: From Fin-de-Siecle to Negritude, edited by Jerome Rothenberg and Pierre Joris

What Book!?: Buddha Poems from Beat to Hiphop edited by Gary Gach


Books I've started and will get back to shortly (probably when I finish, or get bored with, one of the above):

Dora, Doralina a novel by Rachel de Queiroz

Red Mars a science fiction novel by Kim Stanley Robinson

The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson edited by Thomas H. Johnson


There are other books that I plan eventually to get back to, some I'll pick up where I left off, others I'll start again from the beginning. I won't list these.

No comments: