Thursday, January 20, 2005

lunch hour

Just read through Robert Ullman's comics diary Lunch Hour Comics.

Ullman tried to do a brief comic a day, the production of the day's piece to take no more than an hour. These are simple, nicely drawn moments. Ullman even allows himself a couple, I-can't-think-of-anything strips. Ullman's cartoon version of himself is cute. For a reason that's not compelling (to see if I can?) I've decided to post to this blog every day. This means there are going to be plenty of days in which I think, as Ullman does on his diary of 3/9/04, he's drawing a four-panel grid in his spiral bound sketchbook, a cup of coffee on a napkin on the round table (in a cafe?), his chin resting on an elbow, "It's only taken about a week of this to determine that my life is pretty boring."

No comments: