Monday, February 06, 2006

Info Desk Blogging

There's a quarter sitting in front of me on the desk. I accepted it from a patron who was trying to buy a paperback from the self-service Friends of the Library book sale shelves on the second floor. I told her there is a strongbox cable-locked to the top of the bookcase, and she wrinkled up her brow. "I ... didn't see anything ... like that." Then she turned pleading, "Would you mind ..?"

There's a cart in the hall near the Technical Services Dept that's filled up with books. These are books that didn't sell in the Friends bookstore and employees are invited to make off with them. There was a new batch this morning and I saw two or three I liked. But I have too many books! So I am leaving these alone for now. If someone else decides to take 'em -- great! If they're still sitting on the cart next week then I'll either have talked myself out of them or no longer be able to resist.

No comments: