Saturday, February 25, 2006

I got what I wanted

After all that.

I got what I wanted.

I can't believe it.

I wanted a 20 hour position at one of the branches of the Berkeley Public Library.

This past Thursday I got a call from the head of the Claremont branch. She offered me the very 20 hour job I'd been pining for.

It's not like it came out of the blue. I followed up clues, showing up at Claremont when I heard there was a possibility, asking questions, offering up hopefully relevant employment history & personal facts, gleaming with enthusiasm. And I got friendly, receptive response, it seemed. At no point did I decide I had it in the bag. Even when I got very encouraging intimations. What else can I say? I'd think to myself. What more is there to do?

Now I'm thinking, What do I need to do to prepare?

A different question. An excellent question. I'm so excited. Whee!

No comments: