Thursday, June 23, 2005

computers

We had a scare this week. The mouse for the Mac stopped working. I was sure it was more, that the computer had crashed. We discovered it Sunday. If we were going to take the computer to the shop it wasn't going to be Sunday. After much fruitless fiddling and letting the computer rest I plugged in the optical mouse I'd bought for the PC (Kent was sure we didn't have any replacement mice in the house, nothing from the PC would be compatible!). The Mac rebooted and I ran a diagnostic and -- the mouse from the PC worked! Yay!

Last night we hooked up a new wireless port. We can't get it to bring up the internet.

Computer problems. Ugh.

Update: I'm updating this post from the new laptop and wireless connection. Kent figured it all out. What a smartie.

No comments: