Tuesday, March 28, 2006

title swap

I sent Steve Mueske three prospective poem titles. He sent me three.

These are three I sent him:

Crossing the Water with My Rubber Ducky
The Monument to the Empty-faced Girl
Night is the Mother of Bad Laughter

These are the three Steve sent me:

Weapons of Minutiae
Light Fuse and Get Away
This Morning, Over

... I've been mulling the last of those three. Have written versions in my head. This is what I've committed to the page:


This Morning, Over



We see clouds. We see clouds, over.

Yes, clouds. What we see are clouds, over.

Can we describe them? No. They are white, over.

They are frequently white. Sometimes they are not white, over.

Yes, sometimes they are walking, over.

Yes, I said, they are walking. We cannot see the earth, over.

Are we on the shoulders of clouds? How could we tell that? over

I understand. Repeat, I understand, over.

We don’t know how far we have to go. Do you have any idea where we are? over

Repeat, do you have any fix on our location? Can you make a guess? over

We see clouds, yes. That’s what we see, over.

No comments: