Monday, March 06, 2006

Info Desk Blogging

OK. Only so many times I can stand blogging about people asking me where the bathrooms are or where the videos are shelved or how to get a library card.

Then there's rain. We had some today. I did bring my umbrella. It's not raining now. Maybe it will be raining by the time I get to go home. Saw on the weather report last night that we're to have a series of rainstorms through the week, each colder than the last.

While I was writing a pretty young woman appeared who started signing. Naturally I broke out my rusty ASL and fumbled along. She was surprised and pleased, which made me self-conscious of course, my mind getting blanker all the time. I had to ask her to fingerspell two & three times before I got a word. She seemed more amused than perturbed by my denseness.

No comments: