Wednesday, March 29, 2006

a second job

Man, being sick is hard work!

I'm feeling better today, 'spect I'll go to work tomorrow. All eight hours? Oh. Yeah. Sure. I think I'll be able to remain upright.

I went out for lunch. Had a pizza & a small coffee at Bel Forno, a cafe around the corner that's pleasant to hang out in. They tend to have the classical or light jazz station playing, both of which are (except for commercials) easy to tune out. The food is good and not too expensive. And there are windows all around. The view is mostly streets and parking lots (Long's, Safeway) but the natural light is the best.

I wrote & read. Finished Bitter Fame, the biography of Sylvia Plath. I've begun reading Plath's Collected. Rather dark, isn't she? I added another line to my one-line-a-day poem. The restriction is amusing me. Sometimes the line I write today is pretty much the line I would have written yesterday but mostly it isn't.

Should I burn a new mix CD? Maybe I ought to hold off till we buy a new stack of recordable CDs, as we're quite low.

No comments: