Wednesday, March 08, 2006

a glass of wine with dinner

So I'm feeling kind of groggy. Not in a bad way.

We had a nice meal at a nice place. Haven't been there in awhile.

A little bit of a celebration. Only two more days in Technical Service. I start at Claremont next Tuesday.

I get the feeling I'm the only person who's ever voluntarily reduced his work hours. Are most parttimers at the library clamoring for fulltime? As the preponderance of jobs at the library are parttime I suppose most people who are unhappy about the number of hours they work are going to be people who work parttime. And maybe since I have one of those few so coveted parttime jobs others think it strange I'd give it up.

This is a very expensive place to live. Can I make it without fulltime work?

You can't buy time. And I could sure use some.

No comments: