Monday, August 01, 2005

Info Desk Blogging

Is it Monday? It must be Monday!

The first public RFID self-checkout station is in use. I didn't see it earlier because they've positioned it on the Circulation Desk itself in place of one of the GS staff stations. I'd expected the self-checkout to be where the old self-checkout terminals were, that is, opposite the Circ Desk. The volunteer who was helping out here at the Info Desk last hour says there are sometimes traffic jams around the new self-checkout. No surprise, I guess. Always some confusion over new things. But I'm glad a self-checkout is at last available.

The library will close two hours early tonight, at 6 o'clock. There's going to be a big RFID public presentation. The presentation won't be at Central but admin wanted staff to be able to attend so the library will close.

Hm. Blond straight hair roughly parted, hangs to just above shoulders. Big dark glasses. His shirt boldly striped. Wide belt with round belt buckle. Jeans. Very 70s, pre-feathering. Except, I don't think the jeans were flares.

... Minutes after I wrote about the self-checkout station it crashed. I think it's back up again.

No comments: