Wednesday, March 10, 2004

yoga tired

Phew. I feel half asleep. I went to Scottie's yoga class after work yesterday. Wears me out. More the day after than immediately after. Came right home after work today and took a little nap. Feel sorta like I didn't totally wake up from it.

I'm listening to a mix CD I made from CMJ music. Mostly 1998. I knew a few of these folks before I started going through these old CMJs: Apples in Stereo, Love Spit Love, Violent Femmes, Radiohead, Bruce Cockburn. But most of them? Who: Julie Plug, David Garza, Money Mark, Jen Wood, Jonathan Fireeater, Sugarsmack, Dump, Kastin (not from CMJ actually, but a Putumayo collection), Portastatic (also not from CMJ, some other sampler), Garageland, Tuscadero, The Connells, Royal, Foil, and Anne Summers.

Have I heard of Money Mark before? Or does the name just remind me of Marky Mark? I could run google searches on these people, I suppose.

Julie Plug is a Bay Area band. Filipinos. Here I thought it was girl named Julie Plug. Dunno anything about the girl lead singer but I like her sidelong look.

David Garza is Mexican American. Hm. I'm having a multi-cultural experience? Yeah, yeah. Aren't we all? Yeah and he's kinda cute.

Money Mark's site has a real cool looking homepage (and it just took over my entire screen) but there doesn't seem to be much inside. A few pictures. Track listings for his CDs. Big whoop.

I'm listening to a Jen Wood song I just found on the web. I don't like it as much as the one I got from CMJ.

Let's do one more, then call it a night.

It seems "Jonathon Fireeater" should be written "Jonathan Fire Eater" and it's not the name of one person any more than "Julie Plug." I'd kinda guessed that. Seems they've broken up, too.

No comments: