Tuesday, December 10, 2002

horehound

I've been searching the web this evening for Horehound Drops. My mother seems to have decided they are essential for her well being. I found some at Amishcountrystore.com but like many shopping opportunities on the web they won't give you the shipping charges until you've entered a shitload of information about yourself. Shipping often costs as much as or more than the thing you're buying, unless of course it's really super expensive. Bulkfoods.com helpfully offers free freight, but charges $5 for packaging. What the --? That's about what other sites charge for freight. I guess the other guys give you free packaging.

There's a place here in Berkeley called Lhasa Karnak that sells horehound drops and Mom called them to see if she could find out who they buy from so a store in Sebastopol might be able to order some for her. But the guy she talked to wasn't helpful. And she was told he was the owner. Not everyone has bought into the excellent customer service religion, eh? There are plenty of people left who give the minimum. He says they'd sell the horehound drops to me and I could mail them to Sebastopol. Yeah. I guess I thought of that.

K is watching "24" on Fox.

No comments: