Tuesday, January 31, 2006

what I said to Seth

In response to Seth's post about improving his life I posted the following:

I wish my anger were a better motivator. Too often it turns back on me and gnaws.

At first I used my blog as a diary, but then after talking about someone I found I'd hurt his feelings. That made me stop blogging for a few months. I started up again to respond to another poet who'd slagged me. I figured I could post my version of the story and could direct anyone there who was curious.

My main blog, LoveSettlement, is a mild mix of my diary, my poetry notebook, and a photo blog. I don't lay out really personal stuff but I do like to note major activities -- new job, big vacation, floods. I started my book blog because for years I've kept records of my reading and I don't think the result is really publishable but do think it's interesting. The blogs are informal writing. I try things out. But I know I have a reader or two so I make sure what I post isn't sloppy or tedious.

We are traveling. Even sitting still we are traveling because all throughout our bodies & minds there is motion and time is the traverse of space, the earth turns on its axis and turns about the sun and the sun travels through this galaxy and the galaxy too is moving. A wind of particles is constantly blowing through us and striking us and changing us. And we change merely by sitting or lying down, we tense or relax, the mind wanders or fixates or seems to vanish, the breath comes in, the breath goes out, having been invited, having been asked to leave. And the inviter, the one asking the breath to go -- me?

No comments: