Sunday, September 05, 2010

Thousand: One Hundred Twenty-Four

bank (leprechaun), and a gnawed shrub crossed with a toothless beaver stuffed in a thrift shop pillow case (gnome, natch), the leprechaun’s fingers can bend backwards at every joint. “I know what you’re counting for. There’s one missing, in there? There’s a leprechaun be gone, eh? There’s a leper abroad. Eh? I’m right, eh?” The fisher gnome’s self-satisfied chuckle was overdubbed by a whooping gasp and a violent blat of a fart. The dead leprechaun was not, it seemed, dead in the manner one expects of the dead. The counting leprechaun looked at last into the eyes of the fisher

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I love the mixture of elements here, Glen- gnomes, leprechauns, lepers. Thanks

Glenn Ingersoll said...

I was thinking "leper" was a slur for "leprechaun."

But maybe I'm wrong. I've been wrong before!