Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sundy's sick

Sundy is limping. When I picked him up this morning he hissed. Reflexively, a cat way of saying OW! Kent and I have been feeling him up, tapping and pressing, and we can't find an abscess, though I suspect one. I couldn't quite tell where he was hurting until I followed him down the stairs. Out would go the right foreleg, it would take his weight, then the left foreleg, which would crumple as soon as he leaned into it. He purrs and he likes being handled but he's obviously uncomfortable, not his usual rambunctious self. We will keep watch over him today. I could take him to the vet tomorrow.

Weather's nice. We had our Sunday brunch on the deck at Chester's. Kent is still sniffly, groggy, and wishes he were well already; he was plonced in front of Sin City last I saw him. I seem to have picked up a little bug, too, but it's not been much trouble so far, some fuzziness in the throat, cough, a few aches. I think I'll go for an afternoon walk.

No comments: