Sunday, January 07, 2007

it's a lovely day in Berkeley

I dropped off the Poetry & Pizza postcard design at the copy shop, plan to pick it up this evening. There are about 250 people on the P&P mailing list. It takes maybe 40 minutes to put the address labels on the postcards, rubber stamp them with the restaurant's return address, and add the postage stamp, especially if Kent helps, which he did last time. Don't have enough stamps. I'm not sure the grocery store sells postcard stamps but if they do I can finish the whole mailing tonight. If not I will buy more stamps tomorrow morning, finish stamping at the post office.

We ate lunch at Saul's. Kent had eggs scrambled with lox. I had a Middle Eastern fried bread thing with two eggs over easy.

Kent is upstairs watching Constantine, which I kind of want to see, but the TV room gets so much sun you can barely see the screen. I'm wearing an overshirt I just took out of the drier. I finished writing up the sources for my favorite poems of 2006. I suppose I'll post that list on DIR.

It's actually pretty warm out. Shouldn't this global warming thing worry me? It's not unusual for it to be this nice on a day in January. When the sun goes down it'll get cold. I think I am going to take a walk. Where should I go? Over to Solano and poke around Pegasus Books? Take the path to Indian Rock? Or just stroll the neighborhoods?

No comments: