Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Ten poems found in the UC Berkeley library database

Back when I was a student at the University of California at Berkeley I crafted a series of poems using lists of titles I generated from searches of the library database. In the last year I got them out again, worked over some, and sent many back out into the literary world. 

This winter/spring two ezines posted poems from the series. 

Zombie Logic put these five up in March:

“The Dance”
“Could That Really Be Me?”
“Above the human landscape”
“Under a mantle of blue”
and
“We are all so interdependent that every action by each one of us affects in some way or other the welfare and destiny of the rest”

And Disappointed Housewife offered these in April:

“Love is”
“We were free”
“To you”
“They were number one”
“Important Questions”



Can I say, I love the names of these zines?