Friday, March 28, 2003

three Glenn Ingersoll poems

The poems were just posted, I think. I ran a google search for my name (which you just gotta do every now & then) and found them. Knew they were coming soon but the editor of Wired Art for Wired Hearts didn't notify me that the site had been updated. Naturally the long lines in "Palapa" got screwed up. Email seems to hate long lines. Or the web does. Or computers. From now on I'm only sending out poems with really short lines.

I like the site's featured artists this month. And there are some interesting dispatches from Iraq.

Speaking of. You know. Here's the pro-war crew's slogan that currently bugs me most:

PEOPLE DIED TO GIVE YOU FREEDOM OF SPEECH
SO SHUT UP!


Not that there isn't plenty to shake one's head at in every of their utterances. Some NPR story has a goofy lady leading an organization to shut down celebrities. No more celebrity pundits! she squeaks. Our president has access to all sorts of information that those Hollywood types will never see. So we gotta trust him!

The information that justifies an invasion is being kept secret, she suggests.

In other words, the information the administration has actively given out is, even to this lady, insufficient to justify an invasion. She did say that, right?

Naturally if the celebrities were all giddy gung-ho for the war she'd not have an opportunity to be interviewed for an NPR story.

Oh, and you've heard, no doubt, about the brouhaha over the Dixie Chicks' criticism of our idiot President. When I read Natalie Maines' apology in a weblog I thought it was brilliant. Too good to be true. In googling for a link to share I discovered the apology at a satire site. Still, it's what she should say: "I'm just supposed to sing and look cute."

Sadly, if you're curious, this is what she really said: "I love my country." Bleh.

No comments: