Monday, October 09, 2006

wedding

This is a photo of my father and mother on their wedding day. The girl standing by my father is my elder sister. The boy by my mother is the younger of her two new stepsons (& my brother).

I took a picture of this picture using a digital camera. The green framing is the table cloth on which the picture was lying. I would like to have all the old photos digitized and give copies to David and Bernice and whoever wants them. I was thinking I might be able to take digital photos of them all but snapping this photo was difficult ... we could get a scanner or take them to a friend who has a scanner or go to a commercial outfit.

The wedding picture looks posed. I wonder who took it? The eldest son? Possible, since he's not in it. But wouldn't someone else have been there? Other photos show guests. But it looks like it was small affair, not in a church or meeting hall. This was a house. The wedding cake looks tiny on the flowered tablecloth. There are only eight glasses waiting on the table. Nine forks. One wrapped gift on a corner of the table.

Mom's notes give the address. There is no house there now.

No comments: