Sunday, October 01, 2006

fridge

Our fridge died. We have a back-up fridge. It's upstairs. So we hauled all the food up there. The upstairs fridge is kinda crappy. The freezer doesn't keep ice cream hard, for instance. And one of the shelves is missing. We stopped in today at Home Depot and saw a small fridge for $300, and there was a sign saying any appliance $299 or more included haul-away of the old. Turns out that wasn't the case. Maybe it was some special offer on the particular brand on which the sign hung. When we said we would like the little cheap fridge, the salesman looked dim. I said we had a small space and all the other fridges were big. The one we wanted, it seems, is pick-up only and there was no way we were going to fit it in the Jeep. "Get me the measurements of your space and I will find our smallest, cheapest model that includes removal," he said.

I didn't emphasize cheapness. Should I have taken offense?

No comments: