Monday, July 03, 2006

Glenn Ingersoll

I'm the Glenn Ingersoll you see when you google that name. Mostly.

There's another Glenn Ingersoll who's been tiptoeing into my search results. This other Glenn Ingersoll first came to my attention as having something to do with bluegrass -- was he a bluegrass musician? or, as the cryptic mention I read seemed to suggest, was "Glenn Ingersoll" the name of the band?

From that tiny mention this other GI's web presence has grown. He has an imdb page. Seems Glenn Ingersoll is a filmmaker who made a documentary about bluegrass music. And now he's joined up with two other filmmakers to start a production company called Hit Media.

I found a demo reel on their website. And it starts with a fellow in a leather jacket striding around a streetcorner saying, "Hi! I'm Glenn Ingersoll." Now, I've never heard anybody else say that so it's kind of a startler. He's not bad looking, which is a relief? A bit older. Canadian. OK. If I'm ever in New Brunswick I'll look him up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know glenn, drank many a night with him in the 80's in Fredericton NB

Glenn Ingersoll said...

I could update this post. There are a couple more "Glenn Ingersoll"s coming into view.

One is a lawyer. One is an infant (or was not long ago). A third is in Australia.