Sunday, November 19, 2006

Mom's baby picture

I bought a scanner yesterday. I've only scanned in four photographs. I don't know. Delving into the past makes me uncomfortable for some reason. But the scanner is easy to use, especially since I've just let it choose its own settings and, so far, those have looked good. It's not like I'm going to throw the photos away after I've scanned them; I can always scan them again using different settings or the next generation scanner. The goal is to get all the old family photos scanned then burned to CDs and sent off to those (still alive) who are in them. A good Christmas present?

Today's photo is Mom's baby portrait. The baby looks too old for this to be a birth announcement. How old do you think she is? A couple months? Mom was born November 9, 1921. The picture was taken by a professional photographer, I think it's safe to say. There were actually two copies of this photo in the photo album. It's a postcard print ("postcard" printed on the back).

No comments: