Monday, June 20, 2005

poets bloggin'

Via Ron Silliman I learn Pamela Lu is bloggin'.

Pam and I were taking poetry workshops at Cal at the same time. Which teachers did we share? Lyn Hejinian? Yeah. Think so. John Ash? Definitely.

When I went to Pam's reading as part of the UCB English Dept series last year she told me, "I read your blog!"

Like this one Pam's blog doesn't have comments enabled. Aren't we antisocial? I recently added an email link, but nobody's used it. (Should I say that? It makes me sound so unpopular!)

Commenting on the movie, Saving Face, Pam says, "[D]o I really 'need' to see appealing pop-media reflections of my identity to feel good about myself as a person? Not really, but it's sure helpful. I think I'd underestimated just how helpful and validating it could be. Half a week after seeing Alice Wu's movie, I'm still beaming and feeling good, better than usual. The experience has been totally surreal for me, in the best way possible."

I'm there.

No comments: