Monday, May 09, 2022

Autobiography of a Book epigraph #6

I have been collecting possible epigraphs for Autobiography of a Book. I don’t know how (or whether) I will use any of them. The epigraphs I’ve posted so far have personified books in some way. The lines below do something a little different. They address the materiality of the book and how that affects the reader’s experience.



     A slight texture to the book’s first pages, 

                                           discernible to fingertips alone. Blank pages,

which I thought were meaningless, are now adding texture

                                                                                                    to my attention.


from “Ill-Timed (24.2)” by Rusty Morrison


I did my best to reproduce the spacing the poet uses. 


source: 

Beauty is a Verb: the new poetry of disability

edited by Jennifer Bartlett, Sheila Black, and Michael Northen 

No comments: